The duration of the course is of 100 hours spread over 3 months divided into 2 Semesters. This is inclusive of, Class Observations, Workshops and written exams.
The modules are been designed keeping in mind the need of Pre Primary schools of today.
The curriculum consists of subjects related to the Early Childhood Educational Practices - the pedagogy of teaching and Practical lessons. The subjects taught are:
Teaching the Montessori Way
Enables the trainees to understand the Montessori Philosophy; and experience the use of the sensorial materials in the Montessori Lab.
Principles of Child Development
Highlights the psychological development of children; the different learning milestones; and behavior management in young children.
School Management – Organization & Records
Capacitates the trainees to design preschools, maintain records, communicate and manage events.
While participating in this course, students will be subject to formal assessment, which will involve two separate elements: Continuous Evaluation and a Written Examination.
For successful completion of the course. each student must complete/attend all elements of this course.
- Pass the Continuous assessment taken by the course tutor(s) throughout the duration of the course in the form of various projects, case studies, collectively or individually and during the various exercises designed by the trainers/tutors.
- Pass the formal examinations to be held at the end of each semester with at least 40 % marks.
Training methods used in this course is a mix of various methods
- Classroom Learning
- Case Study
- Group work
- Brainstorming sessions
- Role Play/ Simulation
- Practical Sessions
- Hand on Experience
- Teaching experience-Micro and actual
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE
- Personality development program
- Behavior management
- Language enhancement and communication skills
- Communication Workshops
- Experts from various fields are invited on a regular basis to conduct workshops on various topics
- The Art of Story Telling
- Behaviour Management in Young children
- Art & its Use in a Pre Primary Classroom
- Rhymes in a pre school
- Participation and hands on experience in the big events held at the Pre-Primary Section of EIS
- Internship-Practical experience of being in a Pre-school set up at EIS.
- Fully functional Montessori Lab to sharpen the student's Montessori skills.
A two weeks internship is offered to every student of STTA. They also get to visit different pre primary schools to understand the actual functioning of the schools and the challenges faced.
More than 76 % of our students of the first 6 batches have got placement in reputed schools in the PCMC area. Some of the schools are:
- Global Indian International School, Chinchwad
- SNBP School, Rahatni
- Saraswati Vishwavidyalaya, Talwade
- Novel International School, Chinchwad
- Akanksha Foundation School, Pimpri
- Beamish International School, Chinchwad
- Sesame Street, Pimple Saudagar
- Akshara International School, Wakad
Module- Teaching the Montessori Way
This module talks about various aspects of Montessori way of teaching.
It discusses at length Dr. Maria Montessori’s life and philosophy in the context of early childhood education.
Some of the key areas of focus are nuances of Montessori Method, Role of a Directress, Preparing a Montessori Classroom, Five areas of Montessori Method- Exercises of Practical Life, Exercises of Sensory Development, Language, Culture and Math.
Module I - Principles of Child Development
Child development refers to how a child becomes able to do more complex things as they get older. Child development study explores how a child develops from birth to age eight from all perspectives: physical/motor, cognitive, social, emotional, and language. Here, the focus is on how development occurs within the context of family, community, culture, and relationships.
Evidence tells us that a person’s life successes, health and emotional wellbeing have their roots in early childhood. Both nature and nurture (genes and environment) influence children’s development. The quality of a child’s earliest environments and the availability of appropriate experiences at the right stages of development are crucial determinants of the way each child’s brain architecture develops.
Module II - Preschool Organization Management and Record Documentation
Organization and Record Documentation and record keeping are important to ensure accountability, facilitate coordination of care between providers and for service improvement.
In order to be efficient in maintaining a preschool, it becomes essential for a preschool teacher to establish and maintain school records.
It is essential for every teacher to have an insight into the management of a preschool.
Through this module students will learn about the different preschool records that one needs to maintain along with management skills that the teachers need to develop in order to be able to manage a preschool.